Annealing, hardening and tempering
Target-oriented heat treatments for every requirement
Annealing is a heat treatment that specifically changes the mechanical properties of a material (stainless steel, steel, copper, etc.). Beneficial effects with regard to the application and further processing are achieved.
We anneal under vacuum as well as under inert gas.
We carry out the following annealing treatments at our site in Fröndenberg/Ruhr:
- Recrystallization annealing
- Normalising / normalising annealing
- Stress-relief annealing
- Soft annealing
- Remanence glow
Tempering and vacuum hardening of steel materials
Tempering is a combination of hardening and annealing of steels used in mould making and other steel materials. This heat treatment gives the material high strength with good toughness properties.
We carry out quenching and tempering for air-hardening steels in the vacuum furnace.
We usually carry out vacuum hardening in conjunction with the brazing process. In vacuum hardening, austenitization takes place under vacuum and subsequent quenching with gas, e.g. nitrogen.
Heat treatment is suitable for the following areas of application:
- Automotive industry
- Energy technology
- Mould and tool making
- Heating elements
- Hydraulic components
- Machinery and apparatus engineering
- Medical technology
- Measuring technology
Examples of customer projects implemented by Harnischmacher GmbH:
- Soft annealing of stainless steel fasteners (rivets)
- Recrystallization annealing of deep-drawn stainless steel parts for the lighting and heating technology industry
- Soft annealing of electrical contact elements for small electrical appliances
- Annealing of metal powders (1.2083) to adjust the service hardness (3D printing)
- Stress relief annealing of steels for mould making
- Strain ageing or precipitation hardening of car body steels
- Remanence annealing of magnetic components for electric motors
- Recrystallization annealing of ferritic steels from exhaust gas technology
- Special heat treatments for special applications from the field of research and development
- Heat treatment of prototypes and series components
- Hardness test before or after the tempering process
- Accompanying customer projects with technical advice
Do you have questions about heat treatment or a specific project?
We are looking forward to your enquiry at +49 2373 9772-30 or email@example.com